Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

License Error

acelmanaged
Beginner
Hi,

Whenever I try and run my compiler I receive the following error:

Abaqus JOB Plexus_pelikan_1
Abaqus Version 6.8-1
Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines Thu 21 May 2009 10:02:46 AM BST

Error: A license for FCompL is not available now (-97,121).

A connection to the license server could not be made. You should make sure that your license daemon process is running: both an lmgrd.intel process and an INTEL process should be running if your license limits you to a specified number of licenses in use at a time. Also, check to see if the wrong port@host or the wrong license file is being used, or if the port or hostname in the license file has changed.

License file(s) used were (in this order):
1. /opt/intel/fce/9.1.041/licenses/COM_L_CMP_FOR_FFRC-BTCP6BRX.lic
2. /opt/intel/licenses/COM_L_CMP_FOR_FFRC-BTCP6BRX.lic
3. /opt/intel/licenses/l_cpp_XRZ8799C.lic
4. /opt/intel/fce/9.1.041/bin/*.lic

Please visit http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/support.htm if you require technical assistance.

ifort: error: could not checkout FLEXlm license Abaqus Error: Problem during compilation - Plexus_pelikan_press_1.f Abaqus/Analysis exited with errors

Recently we underwent a major overhaul of the license server due to a catastrophic system failure in which, the HDD, RAID Controller and Motherboard got replaced, due to this would I need to alter my license file at all?

Cheers,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferJ
Quoting - acelmanaged
Recently we underwent a major overhaul of the license server due to a catastrophic system failure in which, the HDD, RAID Controller and Motherboard got replaced, due to this would I need to alter my license file at all?
Not unless the server name got changed. Then you need to regenerate the license on the server and also on the client side you need to update the license to point to the new server.

For such issue, you may want to submit a ticket to Premier Support https://premier.intel.com/. It's a more secure support site.

Jennifer
0 Kudos