Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

License error installing icc from Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux 2018

Txema_M_
Beginner

Dear all, 

I am trying to reinstall the icc compiler from an old version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux (2018.2.199).

My current license has expired, but the registrationcenter lets me download some tools such as Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux*.
However, once I downloaded the parallel_studio_xe_2018_update2_composer_edition_for_cpp.tgz file, I also receive a new license file by email, which is 
the one I am trying to use. 

However, when I try to install it using : 

./install.sh  -s silent.cfg

I've got the an error 

Product support for your Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 2 Composer
Edition for C++ Linux* license has expired.  Please refer to
https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading#support-expir
ation for more information.

This is my silent.cfg configuration:

ACTIVATION_TYPE=serial_number
ACTIVATION_SERIAL_NUMBER=XXXX-XXXXXXXX
PSET_INSTALL_DIR=/software/RHEL/7/Broadwell/software/icc/2018.2.199-GCC-9.2.0-2.32
ACCEPT_EULA=accept
INSTALL_MODE=NONRPM
CONTINUE_WITH_OPTIONAL_ERROR=yes
COMPONENTS=intel-comp__x86_64;intel-comp-32bit__x86_64;intel-comp-doc__noarch;intel-comp-l-all-common__noarch;intel-comp-l-all-vars__noarch;intel-comp-nomcu-vars__noarch;intel-comp-ps-32bit__x86_64;intel-comp-ps__x86_64;intel-comp-ps-ss__x86_64;intel-comp-ps-ss-bec__x86_64;intel-comp-ps-ss-bec-32bit__x86_64;intel-compxe__noarch;intel-compxe-doc__noarch;intel-ccompxe__noarch;intel-ccompxe-doc__noarch;intel-icc__x86_64;intel-icc-32bit__x86_64;intel-icc-common__noarch;intel-icc-common-ps__noarch;intel-icc-common-ps-ss-bec__noarch;intel-icc-doc__noarch;intel-icc-doc-ps__noarch;intel-icc-ps__x86_64;intel-icc-ps-ss__x86_64;intel-icc-ps-ss-bec__x86_64;intel-icc-ps-ss-bec-32bit__x86_64;intel-openmp__x86_64;intel-openmp-32bit__x86_64;intel-openmp-common__noarch;intel-openmp-common-icc__noarch;intel-openmp-common-ifort__noarch;intel-openmp-ifort__x86_64;intel-openmp-ifort-32bit__x86_64;intel-ips__noarch;intel-ipsc__noarch;intel-gdb-gt__x86_64;intel-gdb-gt-src__noarch;intel-gdb-gt-doc__noarch;intel-gdb-gt-doc-ps__noarch;intel-gdb__x86_64;intel-gdb-source__noarch;intel-gdb-python-source__noarch;intel-gdb-common__noarch;intel-gdb-doc__noarch;intel-gdb-doc-ps__noarch

Is it not possible to re-install an already installed version of the compiler but in a different place?

Thank you so much !
Sincerely,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Viet_H_Intel

It is possible to install the same compiler onto 2 different locations.

If you have a licensing issue, then you can submit a ticket to http://www.intel.com/supporttickets.

0 Kudos