Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

License not available

Rawlins__David
Beginner

Hi,

I purchased the Parallel Studio XE C++ for OSX on 8/5/2015.  After installing XCode 7.0 I copied the contents of /Library/Application Support/Developer/6.4/XCode/Plug-ins to /Library/Application Support/Developer/7.0/XCode/Plug-ins to have access to the Intel compiler.

I'm now getting a license not available error:

Error: A license for Comp-CM is not available (-5,357).

Make sure that a license file is being used that contains a license
for the requested feature.  If your license requires a license server,
make sure that the server is using the right license file (usually,
this would be the same license file that is being used by this
application), and make sure that you have not changed the license
file since starting the server.

License file(s) used were (in this order):
    1.  Trusted Storage
**  2.  /usr/bin/icc-16.0.083-base/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
**  3.  /Users/demo/Licenses
**  4.  /opt/intel/licenses
**  5.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/license_ism2_85V_LG7R-RN54M8X2.lic
**  6.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/license_ism2_GLK_LG7R-RN54M8X2.lic
**  7.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/license_ism2_W4F_LG7R-RN54M8X2.lic
**  8.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/m_RN54M8X2.lic
**  9.  /usr/bin/icc-16.0.083-base/bin/intel64/*.lic

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.

icc-16_0_083: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license
Command /usr/bin/icc-16.0.083 failed with exit code 1

Also, when clicking the "Register and Download" button in the email I received when I purchased the software, I get the error "Serial Number is no longer valid".

I also tried reinstalling the software (successfully) but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

This might be handled more expeditiously on the companion forum on registration and licensing.

0 Kudos
Rawlins__David
Beginner

Hi Tim,

I posted on the registration and licensing forum.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Dave, I see that you've also posted in  the Download/Registration/Licensing forum (the right place) and Devorah is addressing it *(has requested the serial number). You can respond to it in that forum for resolution, appreciate much.

_Kittur

0 Kudos