Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Link error

lsheva
Beginner
Hello,

I am using Intel compiler (11.1\\0.65)on 64-bit machine.
While building a certain project, I receive the following error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __cdecl recordingsimulation::AbsDataSource::MoveToNextFile(void)" (__imp_?MoveToNextFile@?$AbsDataSource@PEAX$0PPPPPPPP@@recordingsimulation@@QEAA_NXZ) referenced in function "private: void __cdecl MessageHandler::HandleACLInputError(void)" (?HandleACLInputError@MessageHandler@@AEAAXXZ)

When compiling in win32 it builds fine, but in the x64 configuration it fails.
I switched to the visual c++compiler and the build succeeded.
Most of the methods in the class are virtual, but the specific method it doesn't find isn't (MoveToNextFile).
When I declared it as virtual the problem was solved and the build succeeded, but it shouldn't be virtual.

Do you have any idea why the Intel compiler doesn't "see" the symbol?
Maybe I should turn on some flags?
I don't want to leave the virtual as now.

Thank you,
Liad.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vetroxl
Beginner
Hi,
Have checked that your directories are the same for x64 config? I had the same problem once and had to add all my include and lib dirs in the x64 config.
0 Kudos
Mark_S_Intel1
Employee
Not clear what the issue is without a test case. Can you send a test case that we can use to reproduce the problem?

There's is also the the 11.1.067 compiler available in case you would like to try and see if it resolves the issue.

--mark
0 Kudos
Alexander_C_Intel
Hi Liad,

What configuration do you use for the project?
If it is Release could you try Debug. Or simply try reducing optimization level.

Alex
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Yes, please try not use /Qipo.

But it is still a compiler bug. Is it possible to send the testcase in private post? Or please use Premier Support - https://premier.intel.com/

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos