Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Link fails on Mac OS X

Anurag_M_1
Beginner

inter c++ compiler version 13.013, running with XCode 4.6.2 command line tools, and on os x 10.8.4 and compiler flags are: 

/opt/intel/bin/icpc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../src -I..    -fPIC -g -I ../../../../include -O3 -mavx -pthread -DVERSION="no"

I get the following error in the final link step: 

ld: Assertion failed: (name != NULL), function Fixup, file src/ld/ld.hpp, line 463.
make[2]: *** [libcdpop.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anurag.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...ld: Assertion failed: (name != NULL), function Fixup, file src/ld/ld.hpp, line 463... Could you upload ld.hpp for review? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Anurag_M_1
Beginner

ld.hpp refers to linker source code, which I don't have access to. This error is being thrown somewhere inside the linker (not in my source files)

Thanks,

A. 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...ld.hpp refers to linker source code, which I don't have access to... Here is some summary: - If Icpc sucessfully compiled sources everything is good with Compiler - If Linker fails to create a binary than there are two reasons: --- 1. Internal problem with Linker ( a bug ) --- 2. Internal problem with Compiler because object module was Not generated properly ( it needs to proved yet ) Please try to contact developers of Linker to get more technical details about the line of code where it failed.
0 Kudos
Anurag_M_1
Beginner

- If Icpc sucessfully compiled sources everything is good with Compiler

I'm not sure that necessarily follows. I tried compiling with icpc 14.0.0 beta and everything compiled and linked properly. 

I posted to this forum to see if someone has encountered this problem before. It clearly is a combination of icpc release version, mac os 10.8 and xcode command line tools. Since the only thing that changed in my environment, was a change from gcc to icpc when this error appears and goes away when I used icpc beta, it strongly suggests that the issue is directly linked to icpc release version.

A. 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...it strongly suggests that the issue is directly linked to icpc release version... Please post a reproducer to prove it. Thanks.
0 Kudos