Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Linker error

mobooya
Beginner
I am trying to compile the OpenCV framework (computer vision libraries) using ICC as the compiler and ICPC as the linker, but I think im getting a linker error. It looks like a problem with the IPO, so I added the -no-ipo flag to the compiler and -qnoipo to the linker, but i still get the same exact error when trying to build the framework. Is my syntax correct in the bold line below, specifically, should I be calling icc or icpc? Help??

Setting up framework directories...
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/Resources
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/Headers
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/Documentation
Creating framework symlinks...
ln -s A OpenCV.framework/Versions/Current
ln -s Versions/Current/Headers OpenCV.framework/Headers
ln -s Versions/Current/Resources OpenCV.framework/Resources
ln -s Versions/Current/Documentation OpenCV.framework/Documentation
ln -s Versions/Current/OpenCV OpenCV.framework/OpenCV
Building framework data...
icc -dynamiclib -all_load -Wl,-single_module -Wl,-Y,100
-ar
ch i386
-compatibility_version 1
-current_version 1
-install_name @executable_path/../Frameworks/OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/OpenCV
-o OpenCV.framework/Versions/Current/OpenCV
./cxcore/src/.libs/lib_cxcore.a ./cv/src/.libs/lib_cv.a ./cvaux/src/.libs/lib_cvaux.a ./ml/src/.libs/lib_ml.a ./otherlibs/highgui/.libs/lib_highgui.a -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -framework QuartzCore
xilibtool: warning empty_IPO_object_list: empty multi-file optimizations object list
xilibtool: executing 'libtool'
ld: duplicate symbol ___divdi3 in /opt/intel/cc/10.1.012/lib/libirc.a(udiv64_gcc.o) and /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1//libgcc.a(_divdi3.o)

libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [framework] Error 1
Done!

Thanks,
Mohamed
Rotational Engineer
Intel
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Quoc-An_L_Intel

This looks like an issue with -all_load not correctly supported with icc on Mac OS X. We are investigating the issue.

0 Kudos
voxel38
Beginner
Hi,
I'm running on the same error trying to compile OpenCV framework on OS X with icpc. Did you find any solution to the problem?

thx

0 Kudos