Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Linker error

mobooya
Beginner
I am trying to compile the OpenCV framework (computer vision libraries) using ICC as the compiler and ICPC as the linker, but I think im getting a linker error. It looks like a problem with the IPO, so I added the -no-ipo flag to the compiler and -qnoipo to the linker, but i still get the same exact error when trying to build the framework. Is my syntax correct in the bold line below, specifically, should I be calling icc or icpc? Help??

Setting up framework directories...
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/Resources
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/Headers
mkdir -p OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/Documentation
Creating framework symlinks...
ln -s A OpenCV.framework/Versions/Current
ln -s Versions/Current/Headers OpenCV.framework/Headers
ln -s Versions/Current/Resources OpenCV.framework/Resources
ln -s Versions/Current/Documentation OpenCV.framework/Documentation
ln -s Versions/Current/OpenCV OpenCV.framework/OpenCV
Building framework data...
icc -dynamiclib -all_load -Wl,-single_module -Wl,-Y,100
-ar
ch i386
-compatibility_version 1
-current_version 1
-install_name @executable_path/../Frameworks/OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/OpenCV
-o OpenCV.framework/Versions/Current/OpenCV
./cxcore/src/.libs/lib_cxcore.a ./cv/src/.libs/lib_cv.a ./cvaux/src/.libs/lib_cvaux.a ./ml/src/.libs/lib_ml.a ./otherlibs/highgui/.libs/lib_highgui.a -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -framework QuartzCore
xilibtool: warning empty_IPO_object_list: empty multi-file optimizations object list
xilibtool: executing 'libtool'
ld: duplicate symbol ___divdi3 in /opt/intel/cc/10.1.012/lib/libirc.a(udiv64_gcc.o) and /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1//libgcc.a(_divdi3.o)

libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [framework] Error 1
Done!

Thanks,
Mohamed
Rotational Engineer
Intel
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Quoc-An_L_Intel

This looks like an issue with -all_load not correctly supported with icc on Mac OS X. We are investigating the issue.

voxel38
Beginner
Hi,
I'm running on the same error trying to compile OpenCV framework on OS X with icpc. Did you find any solution to the problem?

thx