Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Linking library to an application

praveenbk
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a library which was built using Intel C++ compiler.

I want to link this library to an application in Microsft visual studio. While linking I am getiing following error message. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib'.

How can I solve this?? Please help..

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mazterthe
Beginner

Add the "lib" folder to your lib path (should be done with the iclvars.bat file in the intel install folder.)

0 Kudos
praveenbk
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

But my issue is not solved yet. My library is built using Visual Studio2005(Using ingetated Intel c++ compiler). I want to integrate this libary to an application using Visual Studio 2005(using microsoft compiler and linker, ie whithout using intel C++ compiler). But I am getting following error message.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib'

I dont know , how my application is getting this "libmmt.lib" name. In my library workspace I didn't include any system library directly. Please help.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Perhaps your library and your application differ in options specified, so one of them wants a 32-bit non-threaded math library, and the other wants a thread-safe library. If so, the most reliable course is to make them consistent. You aren't expected to know which C library functions will require libm, but no doubt you used one somewhere.
0 Kudos
praveenbk
Beginner

While buiding library in VS2005(using intl C++compiler), how can I remove the reference to libmmt.lib. In my library code, I am not using any complex math functions.

0 Kudos
softy
Beginner
Thanks, mazter!
0 Kudos
Juan_J_
Beginner

I am having the same problem. This time building a MATLAB mex file for a library that was built using the Intel compiler. The machine running MATLAB should not have access to the Intel compiler.

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos