Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Linking library to an application

praveenbk
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a library which was built using Intel C++ compiler.

I want to link this library to an application in Microsft visual studio. While linking I am getiing following error message. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib'.

How can I solve this?? Please help..

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mazterthe
Beginner

Add the "lib" folder to your lib path (should be done with the iclvars.bat file in the intel install folder.)

praveenbk
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

But my issue is not solved yet. My library is built using Visual Studio2005(Using ingetated Intel c++ compiler). I want to integrate this libary to an application using Visual Studio 2005(using microsoft compiler and linker, ie whithout using intel C++ compiler). But I am getting following error message.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib'

I dont know , how my application is getting this "libmmt.lib" name. In my library workspace I didn't include any system library directly. Please help.

TimP
Black Belt
Perhaps your library and your application differ in options specified, so one of them wants a 32-bit non-threaded math library, and the other wants a thread-safe library. If so, the most reliable course is to make them consistent. You aren't expected to know which C library functions will require libm, but no doubt you used one somewhere.
praveenbk
Beginner

While buiding library in VS2005(using intl C++compiler), how can I remove the reference to libmmt.lib. In my library code, I am not using any complex math functions.

softy
Beginner
Thanks, mazter!
Juan_J_
Beginner

I am having the same problem. This time building a MATLAB mex file for a library that was built using the Intel compiler. The machine running MATLAB should not have access to the Intel compiler.

Did you find a solution?