Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Linking mixed C/Fortran application against PARDISO with intel Composer Studio

alexvader
Beginner

Hi

I Have been trying to compile the code of an application against PARDISO, without much sucess... :

alex@iskandhar:~/Desktop/Buildfactory/Calculix/CalculiX/ccx_2.5_Intel_Pa/src$ make
./date.pl; icc -Wall -O3  -I ../../../SPOOLES-2.2_Intel -DARCH="Linux" -DSPOOLES -DARPACK -DPARDISO -DMATRIXSTORAGE -DUSE_MT=1 -c ccx_2.5.c; ifort -O3 -nofor-main -openmp -o ccx_2.5 ccx_2.5.o ccx_2.5.a  -liomp5 -lpthread  -L /home/alex/Desktop/Buildfactory/Calculix/SPOOLES-2.2_Intel/libspooles.a /home/alex/Desktop/Buildfactory/Calculix/SPOOLES-2.2_Intel/MT/src/spoolesMT.a ../../../ARPACK_Intel/libarpack_Linux.a ../../../Pardiso/libpardiso412-INTEL120-X86-64.so /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_solver_lp64.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blas95_lp64.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_scalapack_lp64.a -lm -lc -lutil -ldl -lpthread
ccx_2.5.a(spooles.o): In function `factor':
spooles.c:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `DVfill'
spooles.c:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `Graph_new'
spooles.c:(.text+0x5b): undefined reference to `InpMtx_fullAdjacency'
spooles.c:(.text+0x67): undefined reference to `IVL_tsize'
spooles.c:(.text+0x8b): undefined reference to `Graph_init2'
spooles.c:(.text+0xb7): undefined reference to `orderViaBestOfNDandMS'
spooles.c:(.text+0xce): undefined reference to `ETree_oldToNewVtxPerm'

This is my Makefile :

CFLAGS = -Wall -O3  -I ../../../SPOOLES-2.2_Intel -DARCH="Linux" -DSPOOLES -DARPACK -DPARDISO -DMATRIXSTORAGE -DUSE_MT=1
FFLAGS = -O3 -nofor-main -openmp

CC=icc
FC=ifort

.c.o :
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $<
.f.o :
        $(FC) $(FFLAGS) -c $<

include Makefile.inc

SCCXMAIN = ccx_2.5.c

OCCXF = $(SCCXF:.f=.o)
OCCXC = $(SCCXC:.c=.o)
OCCXMAIN = $(SCCXMAIN:.c=.o)

DIR=/home/alex/Desktop/Buildfactory/Calculix/SPOOLES-2.2_Intel
MKLROOT=/opt/intel/mkl
MKLPATH=/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64
MKLINCLUDE=/opt/intel/mkl/include

LIBS = \
       $(DIR)/libspooles.a \
        $(DIR)/MT/src/spoolesMT.a \
        ../../../ARPACK_Intel/libarpack_Linux.a \
        ../../../Pardiso/libpardiso412-INTEL120-X86-64.so \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_solver_lp64.a \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.a \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blas95_lp64.a \
        /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_scalapack_lp64.a \
       -lm -lc -lutil -ldl -lpthread

ccx_2.5: $(OCCXMAIN) ccx_2.5.a  $(LIBS)
        ./date.pl; $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c ccx_2.5.c; $(FC) $(FFLAGS) -o $@ $(OCCXMAIN) ccx_2.5.a  -liomp5 -lpthread  -L${/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64} $(LIBS)

ccx_2.5.a: $(OCCXF) $(OCCXC)
        ar vr $@ $?

How should i change this makefile, in order to work..?

BR

Alex

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

First, you should observe the recommendations of the link advisor on the MKL forum for the MKL part of this.  Note that linking with MKL static libraries requires that you take into account the circular dependencies and the order of dependencies where they aren't circular.  If you aren't interested in that, you should start with dynamic libraries.  Your ifort command already implies several of the libraries you have specified explicitly, although we can't guess whether the details may have been meant for a different version.  You should be using the same version of ifort and icpc (assuming the hints that you are using C++ instead of, or in addition to, C are valid).  Then you will need to be showing your versions and error messages.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The undefined external symbols listed appear to be from one of your user libraries. Where are these routines contained?

I don't see why you mentioned Pardiso in your thread title. Please note that MKL itself contains Pardiso routines, so you have to be careful when linking to Pardiso-4.12.

As TimP wrote, you may find it better to get things working with dynamic libraries as a first step.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... >>ccx_2.5.a(spooles.o): In function `factor': >>spooles.c:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `DVfill' >>... I could only add that you will need to look at spooles.c in order to understand where DVfill symbol ( a variable, or function, or class, etc ) comes from.
0 Kudos