Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Linux C++ compiler: support for __if_exists/ __if_not_exists?

vladsychov
Beginner
Hello

Does Linux C++ compiler offers support for
__if_exists/ __if_not_exists?

Intel C++ compiler does support it, but what about Linux one?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Hello

Does Linux C++ compiler offers support for
__if_exists/ __if_not_exists?

Intel C++ compiler does support it, but what about Linux one?

Thank you.

No, not currently since this is not a gcc extension and on Linux* that is what we target for compatibility. We do have an open feature request though - I'll link this thread to that so that if there's any updates there, I'll update the thread here.
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
This is now supported in the Intel C++ Composer XE product under the -fms-dialect compiler option. I've run into a separate problem with compiling iostream under this option, so if you have problems yourself, let us know, but I didn't want to hold back on notifying you because of these issues.
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

Major modification here - this option is currently only supported for Mac OS*, and not for Linux* (although it seems to work okif you're not including system headers). Looks like we'll get this option supported for Linux in the next version. Sorry about the confusion there.

0 Kudos
dmitry_sychov
Beginner
Looks like we'll get this option supported for Linux in the next version.

Any update on this? i.e. does __if_exists is supported for Linux with system headers included?

Thanks, Dmitry
0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I
Hi, commonly you make a validated for this case (if logic operator)
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Dmitry,

It looks like-fms-dialect is supported in our 12.1 compiler, which you can get in C++ Composer XE 2011 update 6 or later.
0 Kudos