Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Linux icc check that license is installed and works

Vlad_p_1
Beginner

Hi,

I recently purchased and registered a license of Intel Composer XE 2013 for Linux. How can I check that the Intel C Compiler actually sees the license?

I have tried running ism.jar, but it complained saying that it cannot connect to Intel. I run that box in a secure environment, disconnected from the Internet. I do not have the option of connecting it to the internet.

Thank you!

P.S. is it possible to search the forums? Not the whole site, just the forums. 

Vlad Petric

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>I recently purchased and registered a license of Intel Composer XE 2013 for Linux. How can I check that the Intel C Compiler >>actually sees the license? This is what happens if I remove a license file for Intel C++ compiler on a Windows platform: //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// C:\>icl.exe -help Error: A license for CCompW could not be obtained (-1,359,2). Is your license file in the right location and readable? The location of your license file should be specified via the $INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. License file(s) used were (in this order): 1. Trusted Storage 2. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\*.lic 3. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses 4. C:\..\COMPOS~1\bin\ia32\*.lic Please visit software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance. icl: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// If you don't see similar error messages than everything works properly and I expect that on a Linux system the same verifications are done. >>I have tried running ism.jar, but it complained saying that it cannot connect to Intel. I run that box in a secure environment, >>disconnected from the Internet. I do not have the option of connecting it to the internet. You could also contact Intel Premier Support if you don't want to discuss openly some details related to your secure environment. >>P.S. is it possible to search the forums? Not the whole site, just the forums. No and I think it is a good idead to have a Checkbox next to Search Combobox to search only IDZ forums.
0 Kudos
Vlad_p_1
Beginner

Thanks,

It's really just security by total lack of internet connectivity - nothing fancy/complicated, yet highly effective ;). The setup is otherwise standard and supported (RHEL 5).

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Vlad, you could also ask a question on: Forum: Intel® Software Development Products Download, Registration & Licensing Web-link: software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-development-products-download-registration-licensing if licensing problems are Not resolved.
0 Kudos