Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

MSW, static library link, compilation consuming static library options mismatch

Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

When I link static library into my project with different options (e.g. openmp enable, and other settings) I get following error message on link (consumer of statically linked library):

2>  Option cannot change across modules: 0
2>xilink: : error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
2>xilink: : error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

This error message is not very helpful, since it should output ***exact*** options that are different between my project and statically linked library, so I could have a meaningful answer what options I need to change in my project to fit static library options.

This is a improvement request (I mean the message output; it should be more verbose).

Is there any workaround? How could I find which build options between static library and a consumer linking are in the conflict so I can change both or one of them?

Using ICC 15 Update 1 x64 Windows MSVC 2013.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

I found the problematic value is in the static library in the project file *.vcxproj -> "<C99Support>true</C99Support>"

when I remove it, link works just fine.

0 Kudos
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee

Hi - I am checking into your feature request and I will provide an update soon.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

Thank you Amanda, at least you must admit that error message is not helpful at all and surprising for the user. It was kind of miracle that I found out what was the root cause of the problem...

0 Kudos
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee

I submitted this feature request to the development team (reference number DPD200365644). I will let you know when I have any updates.

0 Kudos