Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Mac OS X & Xcode: any other method to specify icc as the compiler?

lyndsey
Beginner
Hello,

I've returned to the task of compiling our application with the Intel compilers after meeting deadlines and upgrading our department to Xcode 2.4.1.

I see that there is an easy method of configuring Xcode to use the icc rather than gcc using Build Rules in the Xcode IDE. However, does this have to be done with each target?

Let me explain why I ask:

Our Universal Binary application consists of 9 targets, 8 of which generate static libraries linked into the main application. On top of that, we have 85 plug-ins, each with their own target that builds a dynamic library.

I currently want to modify our automated build system to build the release version of our software using the icc compilers. It uses the command line tool "xcodebuild" to build the main target, which builds the static libraries, plug-ins and main application just like the Xcode IDE does.

Is there some way, perhaps using environment variables, to set the global build rule for C/C++ files to be icc for the i386 arch and gcc for the ppc arch? Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this feat would be very appreciated.

Sincerely,
Lyndsey Ferguson
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferJ

Sorry Lyndsey.

This is a limitation and we're working on it still. Could you file a report at

bugreport.apple.com?

Thanks!

0 Kudos