Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Migration problems (from MS visual 2008)

rguen
Beginner
Hello !

I'm using luxrender (http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index) and I'm developping some new feature on it.

I use MS 2008 since few months and I succefully generate my binaries.

I wanted to try icc but I got a list of issues ...

The best things I can have is a working binary, I can launch it but when starting a rendering I got a lot of error reporting missing "plugins" ...

luxrender use a systems of "plugin" to add functionality.

Hopefully I can use the "Use visual c++" button to revert my change and get a working copy.

On the luxrender forum they said :

"You need to include all symbols from the lux library at the final link stage, I don't remember the option for that with icc."

Probably someone can help me with this option at least ;)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ

Checking the "path" env to see if the IntelC's runtime library directory is on the "path".
if you have the IntelC 12.1, the runtime lib dir is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler" for ia32 program, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler" for intel64 program.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
rguen
Beginner
Hi,

I cleaned up all and add this to my path (in first) and it does not change anything :(

Did you know where is the option for "include all symbols from the other library at the final link stage"

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Ok. so it's link time issue. It's probably the "lib" is not set up right.
how to you start your build? did you get the build-env or the command line using the Intel menu from [start]>all programs>Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 > Command prompt....
this will set up the env correctly.

Or you can run the ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\bin\ipsxe-comp-vars.bat" ia32 vs2008" directly depending for ia32 or ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\bin\ipsxe-comp-vars.bat" intel64 vs2008" for intel64.

0 Kudos