Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Missing 64bit libicaio.lib (asynchronous I/O library) in 2015 Composer

Shuji_U_
Beginner

Recently I upgraded Intel Composer XE 2013 to Intel Composer XE 2015. Then I found that 2015 linker unable to find libicaio.lib (asynchronous I/O library)  for 64 bit version. I checked the installation directory. libicaio.lib only exist for 32 bit version. There is no 64bit version. However the both libraries exist in 2013 version.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2015\compiler\lib\ia32\libicaio.lib
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2015\compiler\lib\intel64\                      No such file in this directory.

Where can I find 64bit asynchronous I/O library in 2015?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Shuji,

I received a very similarly worded issue in Intel(R) Premier Support - perhaps a coworker of yours. This does seem to be missing from the initial 2015 product version, but I believe this should get back in the package for the upcoming update 1, although I'll need to confirm that once that package is available. I do have a copy of the library I can send via Intel(R) Premier Support if you need it, although if this other issue I received was from an associate, you should be able to get it from him as well.

0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

For your referral, the tracking ID for this issue is DPD200362494.

0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

The library should now be back as expected in the Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2015 update 2 packages.

0 Kudos