Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Missing post after editing title

Alberto_L_
Beginner

After editing a post title to note that it was reporting a bug, it disappeared from the posts list and therefore is no longer accessible without its direct link.

The post I'm referring to is this:

[Bug report] Cannot convert non-capturing lambda closure to function pointer using the unary + operator

The post was published last Saturday, and the edition of its title the following Monday. I haven't received any messages about any extra need of moderation in this regard so I think there has to be any kind of problem.

I wish it could reappear in the list so it can get any attention, thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

What other compilers you have tested? and what Microsoft VS version are you using?

0 Kudos
Alberto_L_
Beginner

I've tested it also with gcc, clang, apple-clang and msvc.

In the case of gcc and clang, the example works with fairly old versions of them. gcc is able to compile it since its version 4.7 and clang since its version 3.5.

msvc had also the same problem, it works since version 19.14 onwards.

I am running icl directly from the command line, not from Visual Studio; but in case it is helpful, the current version of VS I have installed is VS 2017 15.9.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Can you please provide g++'s command line options?

0 Kudos
Alberto_L_
Beginner

I've only provided the c++ standard flag (the code compiles with 11, 14 and 17). E.g:

g++ main.cpp -std=c++11

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Seems like this is Windows specific issue. It compiled with ICC19.0.2. I'll reported this bug to our developer.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I've filed a bug report CMPLRIL0-31245 to track this issue.

0 Kudos