Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Missing stdint.h with C99

BDahl2
Novice
Hello,
i want to build a tool (in Windows), but the compiler didnt find the stdint.h, with the /Qstd:c99 option.
The error message: "catastrophic error: could not open source file "stdint.h"
#include "
where is the Failure?
I use Intel C++ Windows 11.1.048
Can anybody help me?
Thx
Brian
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As Visual Studio doesn't support C99, the partial C99 support added by ICL fits in the "tacked on" category discussed at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stdint.h where some suggestions are given. You will find additional suggestions with your search engine. As ICL relies significantly on the C99 features, does look like a suitable feature request, which you could submit on your premier.intel.com support account.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - dvyy
You can use Cygwin stdint.hinclude file,after you installCygwin,you addCygwininclude header file path e.g."D:cygwinusrinclude" into "VC++ directories" project setting,then icl can find include file.
I'd prefer to copy that one file over to the include directory either in the VC or ICL installaton.
If you use an updated gcc installation, it will include its own copy of e.g. the pair of files
$PREFIX/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.0/include/stdint-gcc.h
$PREFIX/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.0/include/stdint.h
Note that older versions of VC9 may not support all the standard base data types expected in this file.
0 Kudos