Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Multi-target compilation (64bit and 32bit)

Eli_Y_
Beginner

Hello,

I wanted to find out if it's possible in Eclipse/CDT to create a project that would create executables both in 32bit and 64bit format from the same project?

As far as I can tell from the .cproject file, it references the 64bit toolchain directly and there is no way to use them both, is there any work around?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

While I am not on Eclipse right now, you may be able to create a non-cproject (similar to Windows Visual Studio Solution) that contains your two .cprojects. IOW, when you build the outer layer (non-cproject), it builds both versions.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Eli_Y_
Beginner

You are talking about Working Sets (if I understood correctly). While it's an option, it's far from ideal, because I'll have to maintain two project files from the same set of sources and will have to update them both each time include paths change, etc. What I wanted is to setup ONE project that can target (using build configurations maybe) two different platforms.

Thanks again,

Eli

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...What I wanted is to setup ONE project that can target (using build configurations maybe) two different platforms. For example, I'm using two MinGW C++ compilers from the same project. The only thing I do is a call to MS Junction utility to remap a junction target directory.
0 Kudos