Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

OMP: Error #13: Assertion failure at z_Linux_util.cpp(2361), When Running in QtProcess

mcooke
Beginner

I was hoping to get some information about this error/crash. This error is produced through the libiomb5 library and it only happens when I run an application within a Qt Process thread. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. The full error I see is as follows:

OMP: Error #13: Assertion failure at z_Linux_util.cpp(2361).

OMP: Hint Please submit a bug report with this message, compile and run commands used, and machine configuration info including native compiler and operating system versions. Faster response will be obtained by including all program sources. For information on submitting this issue, please see http://www.intel.com/software/products/support/.

I am currently using the following versions of the intel libraries and Qt libraries:

Intel: 19.0.8.324

Qt: 5.12.8

After some research on the web I found that many user use the following environment variable to fix this error:

KMP_INIT_AT_FORK=false

This solution works for me, but there is no clear reason why it works. I would like a better understanding of this so that I can document it for the future.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you please send us a small reproducer with steps to follow, so that we will get more insight into your issue?

This will help us to get more details on the issue you are facing.

Also please send us your environment details(OS etc. ) where you are getting this error.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
mcooke
Beginner

Hi, Thank you for responding. I am currently trying to put together a very simple example, but our product is quit sophisticated so this will take me some time. I do however want to know what the environment variable KMP_INIT_AT_FORK=false does? There is no real explanation as what it is used for online and is fixes my issue.

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Kudos
mcooke
Beginner

The OS I am using to run this on is CentosOS Linux 7 vs 3.22.2 64 bit. 

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the details. We have looked into this flag but we got very limited details.

So I am forwarding this issue to the SME. They will get back to you soon.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Runtime has some initialization code for the child process if process fork happens.

KMP_INIT_AT_FORK=false skips initialization code meaning that it just follows the default behavior of process fork.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Let us know if this is still an issue. Otherwise, we will close it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

We will no longer respond to this thread.  

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos