Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

OMP: Error #13: Assertion failure at z_Windows_NT_util.c(426)

johndavisws
Beginner
Hello,

I am using the Intel C++ Compiler Professional, IA-32, Version 11.1 Package ID: w_cproc_p_11.1.051.

I have encountered the following run-time assert which terminates my application:

OMP: Error #13: Assertion failure at z_Windows_NT_util.c(426)
OMP: Hint: Please submit a bug report with this message, compile and run commands used, and machine configuration info including native compiler and operating system versions. Fatser response will be obtained by including all program sources. For information on submitting this issue, please see http://www.intel.com/software/products/support/.

What does this assert mean? What is the typical cause?

I have seen on another thread that the KMP settings may be useful in understanding this problem so I include them below.

User settings:

KMP_SETTINGS=1
KMP_VERSION=1

Effective settings:

KMP_ABORT_DELAY=0
KMP_ABORT_IF_NO_IRML=0
KMP_AFFINITY="noverbose,none"
KMP_ALIGN_ALLOC=128
KMP_ALL_THREADPRIVATE=128
KMP_ALL_THREADS=32768
KMP_ASAT_DEC=1
KMP_ASAT_FAVOR=0
KMP_ASAT_INC=4
KMP_ASAT_INTERVAL=5
KMP_ASAT_TRIGGER=5000
KMP_ATOMIC_MODE=1
KMP_BLOCKTIME=200
KMP_CPUINFO_FILE: value is not defined
KMP_DUPLCIATE_LIB_OK=0
KMP_FORCE_REDUCTION: value is not defined
KMP_FOREIGN_THREADS_THREADPRIVATE=1
KMP_FORKJOIN_BARRIER="3,3"
KMP_FORKJOIN_BARRIER_PATTERN="linear,linear"
KMP_GTID_MODE=0
KMP_HANDLE_SIGNALS=1
KMP_INIT_AT_FORK=1
KMP_INIT_WAIT=2048
KMP_ITT_PREPARE_DELAY=0
KMP_LIBRARY=throughput
KMP_MALLOC_POOL_INCR=1M
KMP_MONITOR_STACKSIZE=64k
KMP_NEXT_WAIT=1024
KMP_PLAIN_BARRIER="3,3"
KMP_PLAIN_BARRIER_PATTERN="hyper,hyper"
KMP_SCHEDULE="static,balanced;guided,iterative"
KMP_SETTINGS=1
KMP_SSP_MAX_THREADS=0
KMP_STACKOFFSET=0
KMP_STACKSIZE=2M
KMP_STORAGE_MAP=0
KMP_TASKING=2
KMP_USE_IRML=0
KMP_VERSION=1
KMP_WARNINGS=1
KMP_DYNAMIC=0
KMP_MAX_ACTIVE_LEVELS=2147483647
KMP_NESTED=0
KMP_NUM_THREADS=2
KMP_WAIT_POLICY=PASSIVE

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ
This issue seems new.

Could you try following to isolate it more to see if the bug is in the omp lib or in the compiler?
1. rebuild with "/Qopenmp /Qopenmp-stubs" and see if you get the same error.
2. is the whole program built with Intel C? or you have other parts built with VC? Be sure to link with only one OpenMP runtime libs either from VC or IntelC. See this article for how - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-use-intelr-compiler-openmp-compatibility-libraries-on-windows/

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ
This issue seems new.

Could you try following to isolate it more to see if the bug is in the omp lib or in the compiler?
1. rebuild with "/Qopenmp /Qopenmp-stubs" and see if you get the same error.
2. is the whole program built with Intel C? or you have other parts built with VC? Be sure to link with only one OpenMP runtime libs either from VC or IntelC. See this article for how - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-use-intelr-compiler-openmp-compatibility-libraries-on-windows/

Jennifer
0 Kudos
johndavisws
Beginner
Thank you for the guidance Jennifer.

Adding "/Qopenmp" to the default compiler options does appear to prevent the assertion.

Ideally it'd be nice if someone looked at the line of code specified in the assertion failure message to verify that it will be hit if there is aconflict with the performance libraries. Is there are list of all the OMP error codes with their meaning?

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Quoting - johndavisws

Is there are list of all the OMP error codes with their meaning?

No, we don't have a list for the runtime assertion. But I'll file a feature request for it. To fully document all the OMP run-time errors is a big and long term task, so it won't happen soon.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos