Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

OpenSSL build failed with Qprof on

vush
Novice

tried to build latest OpenSSL with Qprof-gen, then internal error happenes. IERROR_MODULE_ID_1178

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vush
Novice

Feilong H (Intel) wrote:

Hi vush,

I downloaded openssl-1.0.1e.  It appears that there are some configuration steps I need to follow, before compiling a specific source file.  Here is what I did (according to INSTALL.W32).  No errors.

> perl Configure VC-WIN32 no-asm

> ms\do_ms

> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

Then I tried to compile the file you mentioned.  Unfortunately, I got the following error.  Do you happen to know what else I need to do?

C:\Issues\U498713\openssl-1.0.1e> icl  -Iinclude /Qprof-gen:globdata /Qprof-dir
"profile" -c .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c
Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 14.0.0.103 B
uild 20130728
Copyright (C) 1985-2013 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

gcm128.c
include\openssl/crypto.h(1): error: expected a declaration
  ../../crypto/crypto.h
  ^

If not, could you please preprocess that file by typing the following command?  Then upload the preprocessed file gcm128_prep.c in this issue.

> icl  -Iinclude /Qprof-gen:globdata /Qprof-dir "profile" -E .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c -o gcm128_prep.c

Thanks.

Hi Feilong,

Seems like a sym link problem, on my platform is ok, I did not configure it to reproduce.

From your configure procedure, I did not configure it as no-asm. My procedure is:

> perl Configure VC-WIN32

> ms\do_nasm

> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

But here you may not need nasm to config it, just use your previous build, and remove the 44-47 lines in openssl-1.0.1e\inc32\openssl\opensslconf.h

#ifndef OPENSSL_NO_ASM
# define OPENSSL_NO_ASM
#endif

Then icl  -Iinc32 /Qprof-gen:globdata /Qprof-dir "profile" -c .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c

Maybe, some assembly code break the Qprof, but only on this file in OpenSSL.

Anyway, I uploaded the preprocessed file.

Regards,

V.E.O

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vush
Novice

vush wrote:

tried to build latest OpenSSL with Qprof-gen, then internal error happenes. IERROR_MODULE_ID_1178

sorry for unfinished content, because the s*p*a*m filter never gonna pass my content. and i don't know which part is wrong, so i have to split it to many thread.

To reproduce this error:

1, download OpenSSL latest version openssl-1.0.1e

2, cd openssl-1.0.1e, and mkdir profile

3, icl  -Iinclude /Qprof-gen:globdata /Qprof-dir "profile" -c .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c

Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 14.0.1.139 B
uild 20131008
Copyright (C) 1985-2013 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

gcm128.c
": internal error: IERROR_MODULE_ID_1178

compilation aborted for .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c (code 4)

Regards,

V.E.O

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Is description of code 4 available to you?

0 Kudos
vush
Novice

iliyapolak wrote:

Is description of code 4 available to you?

never know related description about "internal error: IERROR_MODULE_ID_1178"

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi vush,

I downloaded openssl-1.0.1e.  It appears that there are some configuration steps I need to follow, before compiling a specific source file.  Here is what I did (according to INSTALL.W32).  No errors.

> ms\do_ms

> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

Then I tried to compile the file you mentioned.  Unfortunately, I got the following error.  Do you happen to know what else I need to do?

Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 14.0.0.103 B
uild 20130728

gcm128.c
  ../../crypto/crypto.h
  ^

If not, could you please preprocess that file by typing the following command?  Then upload the preprocessed file gcm128_prep.c in this issue.

> icl  -Iinclude /Qprof-gen:globdata /Qprof-dir "profile" -E .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c -o gcm128_prep.c

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vush
Novice

Feilong H (Intel) wrote:

Hi vush,

> ms\do_ms

> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

uild 20130728

gcm128.c
  ../../crypto/crypto.h
  ^

Thanks.

Hi Feilong,

Seems like a sym link problem, on my platform is ok, I did not configure it to reproduce.

From your configure procedure, I did not configure it as no-asm. My procedure is:

> perl Configure VC-WIN32

> ms\do_nasm

> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

But here you may not need nasm to config it, just use your previous build, and remove the 44-47 lines in openssl-1.0.1e\inc32\openssl\opensslconf.h

#ifndef OPENSSL_NO_ASM
# define OPENSSL_NO_ASM
#endif

Then icl  -Iinc32 /Qprof-gen:globdata /Qprof-dir "profile" -c .\crypto\modes\gcm128.c

Maybe, some assembly code break the Qprof, but only on this file in OpenSSL.

Anyway, I uploaded the preprocessed file.

Regards,

V.E.O

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi vush,

Thank you for your preprocessed file.  I've reproduced the problem with it.  Entered it to our problem-tracking database.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

icc 14.0 update 3 contains a fix for this issue. FYI.

0 Kudos