Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Option cannot change across modules: 0

Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

My environment:

ICC 14 Update2, Win 8.1 x64, x64 project build.

When I make adjustment to single .cpp file, and hit F5 for build and run, I get message from IPO linker at the end:

1>  c_box_container.cpp
1>  Option cannot change across modules: 0
1>xilink : error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
1>xilink : error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

my compile command line from IDE is:

/Yu"stdafx.h" /MP /GS- /Qopenmp /GA /debug:expr-source-pos /Qrestrict /Qansi-alias /Qftz /W3 /Qdiag-disable:"809" /QxHost /Zc:wchar_t /I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.5\include\" /I"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\" /I".\" /I"..\3rd_party\portaudio\include\" /I"..\3rd_party\portaudio\bindings\cpp\include\" /I".\includes\" /I"..\3rd_party\libsndfile\src\" /I"src\" /I"..\3rd_party\freeverb3\" /I"..\3rd_party\fftw\api\" /I"c:\Users\vdmn\Documents\develop\wxWidgets-git4\wxWidgets_intel1_c++0x\include\" /I"c:\Users\vdmn\Documents\develop\wxWidgets-git4\wxWidgets_intel1_c++0x\\lib\vc_x64_dll\mswu\" /I"c:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 4.2\C\common\inc\" /Zi /O3 /Ob2 /Fd"x64\ReleasePrecise\vc120.pdb" /fp:precise /Quse-intel-optimized-headers /Qdiag-enable:sc-include /D "_USING_V110_SDK71_=1" /D "HAVE_INTEL_COMPILER_BUG_03=1" /D "LIBFV3_DOUBLE=1" /D "LIBSRATE2_DOUBLE=1" /D "MY_USE_ALIGNED_NEW_DELETE_OPERATORS" /D "wxUSE_LONGLONG_NATIVE=1" /D "_HAS_EXCEPTIONS=0" /D "MATLAB_MODULE_EXPORTS" /D "RECORDER7_HOST" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0" /D "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0" /D "DEVELOPMENT=0" /D "MY_FV3_EXPORT=__declspec(dllimport)" /D "MY_SRC_EXPORT=__declspec(dllimport)" /D "VSTGUI_USES_UTF8" /D "WXUSINGDLL" /D "wxUSE_GUI" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE=1" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS=1" /D "MY_VST_DLL" /D "__RESTRICT" /D "MY_PA_EXPORT=__declspec(dllimport)" /D "MY_SF_EXPORT=__declspec(dllimport)" /D "RECORDER7_EXPORT=__declspec(dllexport)" /D "FV3_EXPORT=" /D "RECORDER7_PROCESSOR" /D "DEBUG_WANT_ASSERTS=0" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Qstd=c++11 /Qipo /GF /Zc:forScope /GR /Oi /MD /Fa"x64\ReleasePrecise\" /EHsc /nologo /Fo"x64\ReleasePrecise\" /Ot /Fp"x64\ReleasePrecise\Recorder7_Processor.pch" /Qopt-report-file:"x64\ReleasePrecise\/Recorder7_Processor.rep" 

and linker command line from IDE is:

/OUT:"x64\ReleasePrecise\Recorder7_Processor.exe" /MANIFEST /NXCOMPAT /PDB:"x64\ReleasePrecise\Recorder7_Processor.pdb" /qipo_facs /DYNAMICBASE /MAPINFO:EXPORTS "wxbase31u_vc_vdm.lib" "wxmsw31u_core_vc_vdm.lib" "wxbase31u_net_vc_vdm.lib" "..\3rd_party\fftw\win32\x64\ReleasePrecise\libfftw.lib" "..\3rd_party\freeverb3\x64\ReleasePrecise\fv3.lib" "..\3rd_party\libsamplerate\libsamplerate\x64\ReleasePrecise\libsamplerate.lib" "..\3rd_party\libsndfile\libsndfile\x64\ReleasePrecise\libsndfile.lib" "..\3rd_party\portaudio\build\msvc\x64\ReleasePrecise\portaudio.lib" "avrt.lib" "ksuser.lib" "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" "winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" "oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" /RELEASE /qipo-fa"x64\ReleasePrecise\\" /LARGEADDRESSAWARE /DEBUG /MACHINE:X64 /INCREMENTAL:NO /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /ManifestFile:"x64\ReleasePrecise\Recorder7_Processor.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MAP /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"c:\Users\vdmn\Documents\develop\wxWidgets-git4\wxWidgets_intel1_c++0x\\lib\vc_x64_dll\" /TLBID:1 

I need to do rebuild whole project to get rid of this error. I have not changed compilation options, just modified .cpp file and hit F5.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

This might be cause by my problem with shared *.obj build directory, at the very beginning of build MSVC 2013 is complaining:

1>c:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(381,5): warning MSB8028: The intermediate directory (x64\project\) contains files shared from another project (other_project.vcxproj).  This can lead to incorrect clean and rebuild behavior.

I will investigate this, will try to fix my solution consisting of 5 projects, so that warning disappears, and post the results here, whether I will still have this error message from ICC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

It is hard to reproduce, since it is not always failing.

0 Kudos
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Hello ,

What's the modifications you made to the code? I think removal of '/Qipo' would help to relieve  multi-file optimization compilation.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

QIAOMIN Q. (Intel) wrote:

What's the modifications you made to the code? I think removal of '/Qipo' would help to relieve  multi-file optimization compilation.

Just a little change to code. I will not remove /Qipo, since it is release profile.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

I forgot to mention I am using MSVC 2013, if it matters.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

This might be cause by my problem with shared *.obj build directory, at the very beginning of build MSVC 2013 is complaining:

1>c:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(381,5): warning MSB8028: The intermediate directory (x64\project\) contains files shared from another project (other_project.vcxproj).  This can lead to incorrect clean and rebuild behavior.

I will investigate this, will try to fix my solution consisting of 5 projects, so that warning disappears, and post the results here, whether I will still have this error message from ICC.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

Yes, that was causing problem. I fixed it.

Please, treat this ticket as "worksforme" and "self-help".

Sorry for the noise.

0 Kudos