Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Origin of "-lcilkrts" and "warning #10237"

nDS
Novice

So, I have been getting the warning

icpc_orig: warning #10237: -lcilkrts linked in dynamically, static library not available

which, while undesirable, I understand after doing a little reading.  And indeed, "-lcilkrts" is present on my command line.  However, I never added that explicitly . . .  So, two related questions:

What causes "-lcilkrts" to be added to the link line?, and

Given that it is not something that I really want to depend on: What can I do to remove "-lcilkrts" from the link line?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nDS
Novice

Just responding for others to see . . .  The link option "-no-cilk" will prevent libcilkrts from being included in the executable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If you want to suppress the warning you can use the -w flag to disable the warning.

Please find the below link for more information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference/top/compiler-reference/compiler-options/compiler-option-details/compiler-diagnostic-options/w.html

>>What can I do to remove "-lcilkrts" from the link line?

Could you please provide us with a sample reproducer along with the steps to reproduce the issue to investigate more at our end?

And also, could you please let us know the compiler version you are using?

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
nDS
Novice

Just responding for others to see . . .  The link option "-no-cilk" will prevent libcilkrts from being included in the executable.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos