Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

PB with vmlsLog104

vandamme2004
Beginner
I have compiled a program on Linux using the option -axW and when I try to execute it I have the message :
unknown symbol : vmlsLog104
I know that this function comes from the SVML library which is installed with the compiler (I have a 30 days trial version of icc 8.0.55)
What can I do ??
On Windows, the option /QaxW works fine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This doesn't entirely make sense. The point at which you would be likely to get such a message would be at link time. If you use icc -axW to drive the link, it should search libsvml.a automatically. Otherwise, you might have to add -lsvml to the end of your link command. Although you have an out of date copy of the compiler, I don't think anything has changed on that score. As there is only a static libsvml, you shouldn't have such a failure at run time. Even with a trial copy, you should be able to sign up for a premier.intel.com account and get up to date compilers.
0 Kudos
vandamme2004
Beginner
Thank's for your quick answer.
I have found the problem, I had a mistake in my Makefile (the link options where not set correctly) ...
Now it runs fine and the execution speed is impressive !!!!!!
0 Kudos