Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Parallel Studio 2013 SP1 on Ubuntu 14.04

Engin_F_
Beginner

Hello all,

I have Intel Parallel Studio 2013 SP1 and have been using this compiler on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine without any problems. Now for a new machine, which has Ubuntu 14.04 on it, I want to install the Parallel Studio. However I cannot succeded because the installation prompts that the OS is an unsupported one.

How can I use Parallel Studio 2013 SP1 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If this is simply the expected warning, you would accept the option of unsupported installation. This is because the old compiler was issued before the date when full testing could be performed on the new distro. The worst likely case in my experience might be that icpc doesn't work with a newer g++. That could be worked around by building and installing a compatible g++. Note that ps 2016 is due to transition from beta to full release next week, likely taking an older version off support.
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

That's correct, you just need to skip prerequisites and continue with the installation for now. 

_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

BTW, even with 15.0 version and if one uses CentOS 7 system you'll get similar message as that needs to be added in the predefined list for supported versions as well so it's compatible with RH 7, just as a related side info.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos