Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Parallel Studio C++ integration with Visual Sutdio Enterprise 2019

eduquint
Novice

Hi,

Intel Parallel Studio Professional C++ compiler Windows is not integrating with my VS Enterprise 2019.

The setup goes well until the last step (integration with VS). It stays in this step (129) for long time and finishes the installation without any warnings.

But, when try using the compiler it is not installed in the VS 2019!!!

I tried removing the Parallel Studio, clean the register, repair VS, reboot the PC, clean the register again, and reinstall Parallel Studio, but, alas, to no avail. The same problem happens.

I have several programs to send to my clients, but without the compiler it is not feasible.

Would some one help me here, for it is becoming very critical for me.

Thanks for any help.

Eduardo Quintana

0 Kudos
1 Solution
eduquint
Novice

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 Version 16.7.7

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Eduardo,

• Could you please tell us which version of Parallel studio and Visual Studio 2019 you were using?
  • You can see if the intel C++ compiler is integrated into the VS by going to project properties-->Platform Toolset and in there if you see Intel Compilers in the drop-down menu then the integration is successful.
  • Also, you can manually run the visual studio extension installers provided with parallel studio. You can find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\parallel_studio_xe_<version>\ide_support_2020\VS16\C++\*.vsix
  • For more info on these installers refer the #1 in : https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-software-development-tools-integration-to-vs2017-issue.html (This is an old document posted here for reference) You can run the individual components installers to manually integrate.

Let us know if this helps

Regards

Prasanth

eduquint
Novice

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the Intel Parallel Studio XE Professional C++ Windows update 4 and installed it.

This time the integration was implemented without any problem.

Just in case, I use Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 and Intel Parallel Studio XE Professional C++ Windows update 2 (this is the version that was failing to integrate with VS).

Your information about the Visual Studio extension installers is very useful.

Thanks again,

Eduardo Quintana

0 Kudos
eduquint
Novice

Just to let me know, from the following vsix files found on the directory you mentioned, which one does the Visual Studio 2019 Integration?

COMP_ALL_SHARED_VS160.vsix
COMP_X64_UNIQUE191_VS160.vsix
CppCompilerPkgs.vsix
ICMnuPkg.CompProPkg.vsix
PerfLibsPkgs.vsix

Eduardo Quintana

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Eduardo,

I am not sure the specific use case of each installer. If you need to know i will contact the internal team and share with you.

For time being you can install all components under C++ folder to integrate complete intel compiler into VS

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
eduquint
Novice

Thanks very  much for your prompt reply.

If feasible, I would like to know the specific use case of each installer, for being able to react properly if another similar case happens.

Eduardo Quintana

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Eduardo,

Could you please specify the Visual Studio version you were using?

You can see that info inside Visual Studio: Help--> About Microsoft Visual Studio --> Version: <>.

We want to further investigate why integration hasn't happened during installation.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
eduquint
Novice

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 Version 16.7.7

0 Kudos
eduquint
Novice

After I installed the latest Parallel Studio XE Professional Windows C++, the problem disappeared.

Thanks for your support.

This issue can be closed.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos