Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Parallel Studio XE 2016 installation problem on OS X

mariia_s_
Beginner

Hello, 

I'm trying to install Parallel Studio XE 2016 on my Mac (OS X El Capitan, Xcode 6.1 or 6.2). When I'm trying to select installation environment with Xcode, it fails without any message. I tried several paths, but none of them are working. 

Here're the screenshots:

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 12.32.27.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 12.32.23.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Maria,
Could you please attach the install log filies found in /tmp or the path set in $TMPDIR in the underlying shell where the installation was started? The files contains strings "pset" and "issa" in the name with intel as prefix?
This will help the install team investigate the issue towards resolution, appreciate much.
Thanks,
Kittur 

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Maria, any update? Appreciate if you can attach the log files, thanks.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
mariia_s_
Beginner

Kittur Ganesh (Intel) wrote:

Hi Maria,
Could you please attach the install log filies found in /tmp or the path set in $TMPDIR in the underlying shell where the installation was started? The files contains strings "pset" and "issa" in the name with intel as prefix?
This will help the install team investigate the issue towards resolution, appreciate much.
Thanks,
Kittur 

Hi. Sorry for long delay. Now it simply crash, when I try to run installation as root. Installation with sudo doesn't work at all, says "Invalid credentials". Here are the logs

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Great, thanks Maria for attaching the files. I've filed the issue and passed on the log files to the install team. As soon as they are done investigating the issue and have an update I'll let you know. Appreciate your patience till then.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Maria,
Our installation folks completed their investigation from the logfiles you attached. It seems that the log files provided is for the second problem that you experienced ("Now it simply crash, when I try to run installation as root. Installation with sudo doesn't work at all, says "Invalid credentials". Here are the logs)"  --- 
Response:   This is known issue in that IPS XE released version presently does not support OS X 10.11. The support will be added in Update 1. As soon as the release (Update 1) is out, I'll let you know and you can then try that out accordingly.  Sorry about this and appreciate your patience till then.  The Update 1 should be release anytime this quarter and will keep you updated, thanks.

Regards,
Kittur 

0 Kudos
Matthew_Z_1
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

I happen to be having the exact same problem and am very disappointed as I had just installed Parallel Studio today along with El Capitan right before without knowing about this issue.  Can I ask how long a quarter is?  When can Update 1 be expected?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Matt, 
I expect update 1 to be released within a few weeks assuming the release/validation process is successfully completed.  I'll keep you updated in this thread as soon as the release is out. Again, appreciate your patience through this.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
velvia
Beginner

Thanks. Also looking forward to this update as Intel compilers can't install on ElCaptain (OSX 10.11).

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

@Velvia - thanks for your patience. Yes the fix should be in the next update release as well.  -Kittur

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

@all: FYI: The Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for OS X Update 1 package containing the fix for the issue is now active on the Intel Registration Center. You can download the product and test it out, appreciate much.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

@Maria: I'll close this thread as Update 1 should resolve your issue and you should be able to install as Update 1 release supports OS X 10.11 unlike  the previous release. If you still see any issues then please let me know and you can attach the corresponding log files accordingly.
_Kittur

0 Kudos