Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Parallel Studio XE 2019 for Windows command line setup problem

eldiener
New Contributor I

If I setup Parallel Studio XE 2019 for Windows for command line compilation by specifying 'psxevars ia32' or 'psxevars intel64' it sets up VS2019 for Microsoft command line integration on my system. Yet if I pass to icl.exe the compiler flag '/Qvc14.2', to indicate VC++ 14.2 for VS2019 when compiling a source file,it issues the warning:

icl: command line warning #10159: invalid argument for option '/Qvc'

Similar to specifying 'psxevars ia32' if I instead just specify 'iclvars ia32 vs2019' or 'iclvars intel64 vs2019' it sets up VS2019 for Microsoft command line integration. But again passing the compiler flag '/Qvc14.2' gives the same warning.

This is with the latest parallel_studio_xe_2019.4.066 Windows release installed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

Have you installed compiler to be integrated to other versions of VS ? When multiple versions of Visual Studio are installed, the compiler installation lets you select which version you want to use with /Qvc option but it has to be installed to be integrated into the version

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Varsha M. (Intel) wrote:

Have you installed compiler to be integrated to other versions of VS ? When multiple versions of Visual Studio are installed, the compiler installation lets you select which version you want to use with /Qvc option but it has to be installed to be integrated into the version

The installation of Parallel Studio XE 19.0 for Windows, with even the last update 4, does not include integration with Visual Studio 2019. The latest version of Visual Studio integration which is supported during installation is VS2017. So while there is no Visual Studio 2019 integration and. as my OP stated, no support via the command line switch 'Qvc14.2' to use the VC++ in VS2019, the setup for psxevars.bat defaults to VS2019 command line integration on my system and also iclvars.bat allows vs2019 as a vs compatibility setup for compiler integration to VS2019. I am simply pointing out this anomaly. The workaround for me is not to use psxevars.bat but to use iclvars.bat ( or compilevars..bat ) to setup command line integration with VS2017, and then use the 'Qvc14.1' option when compiling.

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

This has been fixed in Update 5 to Parallel Studio XE 2019. It is now possible to pass the command line switch 'Qvc14.2' successfully.

0 Kudos