Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition 2016 installation crash

Mattias_B_
Beginner

I was adviced by intel support to post here, strange as it is a installation issue.

< Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition 2016 (Trial) web-install fails (chrashes) at "Loading config_itac.xml". And i am running it as Admin and all that shit. I did try the full version and it also failed the same way. I tried to bypass it by renaming config_itac.xml. But the next xml (config_advisor.xml) generated the same result.

Setup: Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel Core i7 920
VS2013 and VS2015

Regards

/Mattias

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Mattias,
This is a strange error that we haven't seen at all.  For further investigation from our installation team, could you please attach the log files from the last run? The files are:  %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE2016_*\*.*

Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos
Mattias_B_
Beginner

Thank you for the log. I will investigate this further and update you.

Regards,

Devorah - Intel® Developer Support "
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Thanks Mathis for your patience and helping us (Devorah as well) in providing the log.  I'll pass on the log to the install dev team as well for investigation - appreciate much.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

@Mattias: Hi, I'll close this thread here as Devorah is handling this issue in Download, Registration, Licensing forum and has already sent you private email with instructions etc  towards resolution, thanks.

_Kitttur

0 Kudos