Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

PlatformToolsetVersion set wrong in v13 with VS2012

iccuser
Beginner

ICL 13 update 1, erroneously sets the PlatformToolsetVersion to 100 even when VS2012 is used. The correct one would be 110 of course.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Hi iccuser, In Help->About in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012*, I see the Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2013 installed with package ID w_ccompxe_2013.1.119 (which is update 1). I then select "Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" in the Configuration Properties->General->Platform Toolset property. Then I go to Configuration Properties->Debugging->Environment->Edit... and click on the Macros button. The $(PlatformToolsetVersion) macro shows as 110. Where are you seeing it being output as 100?
0 Kudos
iccuser
Beginner
Hi.
Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 Version 11.0.51106.01 Update 1 Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5.50709 Installed Version: Ultimate Visual C++ 2012 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012
Well I learned it the hard way since I made changes that used PlatformToolsetVersion and even though I did Condition="'$(PlatformToolsetVersion)'=='110'", when I used VS2012 and ICL13, the check was false. So I looked at the macros and PlatformToolsetVersion is 100 here.
Brandon Hewitt (Intel) wrote:

Hi iccuser,

In Help->About in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012*, I see the Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2013 installed with package ID w_ccompxe_2013.1.119 (which is update 1). I then select "Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" in the Configuration Properties->General->Platform Toolset property. Then I go to Configuration Properties->Debugging->Environment->Edit... and click on the Macros button. The $(PlatformToolsetVersion) macro shows as 110. Where are you seeing it being output as 100?

0 Kudos
iccuser
Beginner
Maybe it's because I have VS2010 installed too and ICL installation doesn't take care of this case?
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

I don't know why that's happening, although having MIcrosoft Visual Studio 2010* installed raises the possibility for a mixup in the integration somehow. Let me check with our integration team and get back to you.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi everybody, Could you specify what Visual Studio editions are you talking about ( Professional, Standard, Express, etc )? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
iccuser
Beginner

Both Visual Studio versions are the Ultimate edition here but I don't see how's that relevant...

The culcprit must be that I had installed VS2010 and Intel compiler first, and then I installed VS2012 as it came out later. I'm gonna reinstall Intel compiler to see if this fixes the issue.

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

Hi everybody,
Could you specify what Visual Studio editions are you talking about ( Professional, Standard, Express, etc )?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
iccuser
Beginner

Yeah that was the issue which makes sense since at the time I installed ICL it couldn't know about VS2012.

Sorry for the false alarm.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Thanks for the update and clarification. >>...Maybe it's because I have VS2010 installed too and ICL installation doesn't take care of this case? It could happen in case of Express Edition of any Visual Studio ( it simply ignored ).
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

That make sense, iccuser.  No problem - easy thing to miss.

0 Kudos