Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Possible to install Parallel Studio 2011 and Parallel Studio XE 2016 on one PC

Pham_Minh_N_
Beginner

Hi staff,

I am using Parallel Studio 2011 and Visual Studio 2008. 

But I'd like to install more Parallel Studio XE 2016 and Visual Studio 2015.

First, I've installed Visual Studio 2015. Then, I continue to install Parallel Studio XE 2016 and get the message:

"Intel(R) Parallel Composer 2011 Integration(s) in Microsoft Visual Studio* is already installed.
If you proceed to install, the Intel Parallel Composer 2011 IDE integration(s) will be uninstalled and the Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for C++ Windows* IDE integration will be installed. You will no longer be able to select Intel Parallel Composer 2011, 12.0 or older Intel C++ Compilers from the Visual Studio IDE (if it is currently installed)."

When I read the release note of Parallel Studio XE 2016, can mention:

"You do not need to uninstall previous versions or updates before installing a newer version – the new version will coexist with the older versions"

That's why I'd like to ask " Is it possible to make two version Parallel Studio in one PC" or "Can two version of Parallel Studio be coexisted"?

Looking forward your reply,

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

You can have 2 versions of the Intel compiler installed, but only one compiler can be selected from Visual Studio (the IDE integration)

Within Visual Studio, you can choose to compile a project with the Intel compiler. The Intel compiler which Visual Studio chooses comes from the choice you made when the Intel compiler was installed.

You need to re-run the Intel compiler installation if you wish to change which Intel compiler is integrated with Visual Studio 

0 Kudos
Pham_Minh_N_
Beginner

Hi, Melanie

Thank you for your reply.

I've installed Parallel Studio XE 2016, but Parallel Studio 2011 and Intel Compiler C++ 12.0 are automatically uninstalled.

I have some projects in VS2008, because Parallel Studio XE 2016 only supports for VS2010, VS2012, VS2013, VS2015 not for VS2008, I can't use Intel Compiler C++ for optimization purpose for projects in VS 2008.

I'd like to have both Intel Compiler C++ 12.0 and Intel Compiler C++ 16.0 in one PC.

Could you give me some ways to make both Intel Compiler C++ 12.0 and 16.0 in one PC, please ?

One more, thank you.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If installation of current icl in vs2015 deactivated the old one in vs2008, you should be able to reinstall the old one and then have the old and new installation working independently.

0 Kudos
Pham_Minh_N_
Beginner

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply, I did something like you said, I have both PS 2011 and PS XE 2011 in one PC  now.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Thanks Tim for responding which should work. Thanks for letting us know Pham.
_Kittur

0 Kudos