Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Problem Installing 64bit Intel compiler on Vista 64

nick-thompson
Beginner

I am curently trying to install the 64bit version of the intel compiler on a machine running windows vista 64. I have visual studio 2008 professional installed on the machine, which is able to build 64bit targets. When I attempt to install the Intel Compiler the 64bit compiler is greyed out and cannot be selected.

I have followed the workaround below in the knowledge base which is applicable to windows 7. Tthe version of the SDK I am using it is listed as v6.0A instead of v7.0 in the registry which I changed to v6.0. After making this change in the registry the compiler is still greyed out in the installation.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/icl-setup-does-not-install-the-64-bit-edition-of-icl-on-windows-7-with-windows-sdk-70/

Is there a work around to get the compiler to install the 64bit version

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Nick,

Have you installed the 64-bit SDK for Visual Studio* 2008? Thismay not have beeninstalled on a standard Visual Studio installation.

Have you also used the full package (w_cproc_p_11.1.054.exe) or at least the Intel64 version (w_cproc_p_11.1.054_intel64.exe) of the Intel Compiler install package?

Regards,

Hubert.

0 Kudos
nick-thompson
Beginner

The version of the SDK I currently have installed is Microsoft Windows SDK v6.0a, is this sufficient?

The install file I am using is w_cproc_p_11.1.051_ia32.exe , just downloading w_cproc_p_11.1.054.exe now.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Yes, SDK v6.0a is ok. You may need to configure your Visual Studio 2008 for 64-bit applications since the x64 platform may not have been installed on your system.

Please refer to the Intel C++ Compiler Release Notes (e.g. under c:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\11.1\054\Documentation\en_US\Release_NotesC.pdf) ch. 2.1.1 'Configure Visual Studio for 64-bit Applications'.

Hubert.

0 Kudos