Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Problem on invoking icl in Windows 10

liu__he
Beginner

Hi, 

My computer os is windows 10, and I have installed the Visual Studio 2019 community and Intel parallel studio XE 2020, also the CUDA toolkit 10.2.

I want to use the OpenMp and Cuda to accellerate my program, and the version of OpenMp should be at least 3.1, so Intel C++ compiler is set as the host compiler. There are several sources files in my program, only one includes the OpenMp primitives. 

When I run the code with Intel compiler, the error message reports that " invalid preprocessor command ' include_next' ", this 'include_next' located in the 'math.h' in intel include directory. I also find some other cuda codes, which can be run well with vs compiler, cannot work with Intel compiler and the same error reported.

Someone tell me I need to perform isolation compilation with the code. So I need to use command lines to compiler each souce file seperately. However I find I cannot use the command icl in intel command window. When I open the intel command window, the error massege emerged:

//////////

Copyright (C) 2009-2020 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel(R) Inspector 2020 (build 604266)
Copyright (C) 2009-2020 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel(R) Advisor 2020 (build 605410)

Intel(R) Trace Analyzer and Collector 2020 Update 1 for Windows* OS for Intel(R) 64 applications
Copyright (C) 1996-2020 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

'where' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

///////////

Also the icl command cannot be recognized. Then I run the compilervars.bat with clause intel64 and vs2019, the same error message reported:

///////////

'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

//////////

I don't know the reason and I cannot find some relative information about this error online. Could someone give me some advise, I really appreciate any comment you posted. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Will you please try sourcing psxevars.bat file, you will find this file on below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\parallel_studio_xe_2020.0.075\bin

After sourcing this script it should work. You can also check on the same CMD(from where you source this  psxevars.bat file) the icl --version it will give you the details of the installed version.

Let us know if you still face the same problem.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

We hope the resolution provided helped you.

In case of any further queries please feel free to raise a new thread.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos