Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Problem with C++ Composer 2011 installation

Suneet
Beginner
Hi there, I'm trying to get my classroom license going with the C++ compiler and I've hit a snag: the installer says "the license file provided is invalid" when I point it to the license server with the right server name and port. I used this installer: w_ccompxe_2011.0.104.exe

I hadno trouble using the license server to install the Fortran compiler with this file: w_fcompxe_intel64_2011.0.104.exeSo the installation of Fortran Composer 2011 went fine and it integrates with Visual Studio properly.

I've got the latest FlexLM server thingy on the server node and the firewalls are cleared.

These workstations are running Windows 7 x64.

Yeah, Fortran accepted the server and port and then moved on with the installation. So I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks for the software and any help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Venkat_G
Beginner

Went through same problem. Apparently this is due to a bug. Ask Intel. Theywill send you a new licence.

0 Kudos
Aubrey_W_
New Contributor I
Hello,

I'll move this thread to the Intel C++ Composer forum, so that one of our Technical Consulting Engineers can answer it.

Best regards,

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Please check this article - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/newer-xe-product-upgrade-and-activation/

Yes, it's required to get a new license.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos