Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Problem with icc 11.0 in xcode 3.2.5 64 bit on mac os x 10.6.6.

thisisannie
Beginner
Hi All,

I followed the instructions on this page http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-mac-os-selecting-the-intel-compiler-in-xcode-ide/, went to this step "From the using pull-down menu, select Intel C++ Compiler 10.0."

But there is no Intel C++ Compiler 11.0 in the dropdown menu (I have attached a screenshot). Did anyone have the same problem like me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

screenshot
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeffrey_A_Intel
Employee
Some questions:
  • Did you install the Intel compiler AFTER you installed Xcode? If you update or change the Xcode installation, you must reinstall the Intel compiler.
  • Does the Intel compiler work correctly when invoked from a shell command prompt in a termnal window after setting up the environment for the compiler?
  • Are you aware that the 11.0 compiler is no longer supported? The current version of icc is 12.0 update #4.
0 Kudos
thisisannie
Beginner
Did you install the Intel compiler AFTER you installed Xcode? If you update or change the Xcode installation, you must reinstall the Intel compiler.................Yes.

Does the Intel compiler work correctly when invoked from a shell command prompt in a termnal window after setting up the environment for the compiler?..................Yes.

Are you aware that the 11.0 compiler is no longer supported? The current version of icc is 12.0 update #4.....................I had no idea about this, maybe we will look for an update.

Thank you for your information.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
Your xcode version is new. Intel compiler 11.0 was not validated with Xcode 3.2.5. You should use latest Intel compiler with xcode 3.2.5.
0 Kudos
Dale_S_Intel
Employee
Actually I believe Xcode 3.2.6 is the current version, and that would be safer than 3.2.5.
Dale
0 Kudos