Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

Problems with integrating into Microsoft Visual Studio

Ryan__Shannon
Beginner
On installation of Intel Composer XE 2011 (Update 1) for Windows, I get an error in the pre-requisites summary. It states that:
---

The following components can not be installed:

- Integration(s) in Microsoft Visual Studio*

- Intel Parallel Debugger Extension

- Integrated Documentation

Modification can continue; however, these components will not be installed because they require that a supported Microsoft* development tools be installed. Refer to the Release Notes for a list of the required Microsoft* development tools.
---

In the release notes, I cannot find a list of the required Microsoft development tools. Ihave Visual Studio 2008 installed, along with Microsoft SDK 7.1. I am already runningVisual FortranXECompiler within the VS environment.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This implies that you didn't install the C++ option of Visual Studio, or, if attempting to install the Intel64 64-bit compiler, you don't have the X64 sub-option under C++ installed. Is your Fortran installation 32-bit "ia32" only?
If you mean that you installed the VS2008 shell supplied with ifort, that doesn't support installation of Intel C++. You need the VS2008 Professional (paid or 90-day trial) or equivalent VS2010 to support GUI integration or 64-bit development with ICL. Visual Studio express installation can support commsnd-line 32-bit only development with ICL.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

See this article on the details for command line support and GUI support: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-windows-intel-c-compilers-and-microsoft-visual-c/

thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
Ryan__Shannon
Beginner

TimP....you're correct I only had the VS2008 shell. I tried installing the trial version of VS2010 and eveything worked fine.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos