Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Profile guided optimization ended with internal error: 0_12032

audev
Beginner
Hello,

I tried to use Intel C++ Compiler 11.1.065 [IA-32] (the latest stable version as of now) with VS 2008 to perform profile-guided optimization.

I followed the docs exactly. First two phases were successful as far as I could tell, but during phase 3 (compilation optimizing using the collected info from phase 2) the process stopped saying nothing more than:

Linking...
internal error: 0_12032

It did generate one .dyn and one .dpi file.

What's the cause of that error? Any solution?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
When I search the forum for recent reports of that error, I get several indications of defect reports filed, with no way to tell what, if anything, they might have in common with yours. The one common thing about "internal error" is that it generally is a tools bug, even if provoked by wrong usage. It would likely be best if you could file a full problem report on your account on premier.intel.com.
0 Kudos
audev
Beginner
The Intel C++ Compiler produces 100% faster code than Visual C++ 2008. However, the stability and reliability of the Intel compiler is significantly worse.

During the years, I've never had any compiler bug in Visual C++. I can't trust a compiler as buggy as that. It might produce flawed machine code with impossible to find bugs.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You've never tried VC with such aggressive options (they don't exist). Start with options equivalent to what you use with VC and step up only to those fancier options which help.
0 Kudos