Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Profmerge unable to create correct pgopti.dpi

sunilkajarekar
Beginner

Hi all,
I havean applicationbuilt using2 shared libraries. The associated *.dyn files related to these2 shared libraries are generated in2 separate directories, when application is executed. When I create a pgopti.dpi file after putting all *.dyn files related to2 shared librariesin a single directory and then create a coverage report out of it, it gives me coverage information about source files present in only one shared library. So I lose all the coverage information for otherlibrary.
If I createpgopti.dpi files related toeach library, and merge pgopti.dpi files with profmerge -a, and then create coverage report then also I end up with coverage information about same single library.
If I create pgopti.dpi file from *.dyn files related to other library and generate coverage report then I could get coverage information forother library correctly.
Please let me know, is this a known issue with profmerge tool, and how could I resolve this.

Thanks in advance.
Sunil

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_S_Intel1
Employee
I will research to see if this is a known issue. In the mean time you may want to use the /Qprof-dir:dir option to put all the .dyn and .dpi files to go to one directory rather than separate directory. That way you don't have to manually move the files for merging.

--mark

0 Kudos
sunilkajarekar
Beginner
Thanks Mark for your reply. I will use this workaround for the time being.
I did not mention it earlier, I am using profmerge on SuSE Linux (64bit) and not on Windows.

Sunil/
0 Kudos
Mark_S_Intel1
Employee
Hi Sunil,

Pleasenote thatthe primary information that drives the code coverage report comes from the pgopti.spi file. If you are targeting your shared objects to different directories using the prof-dir option with prof-gen:srcpos, then you are also producing 2 different pgopti.spi files. As a result, even if all the .dyn data is merged into a single .dpi file, the information contained in the coverage report is only going to be about the files/routines that are listed in whichever pgopti.spi that gets loaded. So, I would check whether this is the scenario that you have different pgopti.spi files for the different shared objects.

Please also note that there is notcurrently a way to merge pgopti.spi files.

--mark

0 Kudos