Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Profrun error 127

Jason_G
Beginner
Hi there,
I'm trying to use profrun for the first time with a Windows exectable that had .dyn files collected, and is rebuilt with gen sampling data etc following the procedure for including SSP Helper threading optimization. I'm uncertain whether this is an ICC or Vtune driver issue at this point. I get this when up to the first profrun step:

"profrun: Cannot locate API routine VTStartSampling: Windows error 127: The specified procedure could not be found.
You must install the Intel VTune Performance Analyzer in order to use this tool."

I've been using ICC 10.1.021 over VS2005wSP1, and Vtune 9.0 build 719 for creating call graphs and gathering sampling data, (so I know that's installed and functioning)

I've checked the access rights for profiling, and checked the "requirements for profrum utility" document.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason

[EDIT: Now submitted query to premier support]
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Matt_F_1
Beginner
I'm running into this same issue. What was the resolution?

I'd thought some path-issue perhaps, but this even happens when running profrun from the intel command-prompt.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
Jason_G
Beginner

In support, 'Reproduced' ---> 'Escalated' ---> Nothing Since....

0 Kudos
Matt_F_1
Beginner
Wow, that's reassuring.

I just noticed a new version of VTune, so I'll try that when it's done downloading.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
Jason_G
Beginner

Yes ... Please let me know if you have any luck with this, there are other queries I've been wanting to raise with support but am hesitant to do so. Any outcome at this level of technicality likely applies to the largest projects by nature of its application, and will substantially impact future decision-making processes related to platform development, and the amount of trust that can be ascribed to the written documentation.

0 Kudos
Matt_F_1
Beginner
I've been told this will be fixed in VTune 9.1. I was not told when this would be released.

- Matt
0 Kudos
Jason_G
Beginner
Thanks very much,
Is that official? I should expect some sort of official reply in my premier support issue with details then?
Jason

0 Kudos
Matt_F_1
Beginner
I think it's official. My issue has a status "to be fixed." I would ping your support issue, and reference mine: #507881.

- Matt
0 Kudos