Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Purchase link of Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2013 Composer Edition for C++, OS X

Jack_W_
Beginner

Hi,

Where can I find the purchase link of Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2013 Composer Edition for C++, OS X? And after ordering edition 2013, if I want to upgrade to 2015, what's the price? Thx.

My mail: jackwl2010@163.com

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe/try-buy

A current license entitles you to download and use older versions as well as any updates issued within 1 year of your license registration.

0 Kudos
Jack_W_
Beginner

Thank you for your timely reply. After placing the order, I can use both edition 2015 and edition 2013 with the same license key. Within one year, if there is any other updated version, I can also update free. Right? After one year, do I need to buy a new license key? Thx.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Yes, your license covers updates for 1 year, as well as older releases.   There is a reduced price for annual renewal. 

Just this week I ran into a situation where I couldn't continue to use an already installed compiler after my license expired.  I don't know the exact limits under which it may be possible to continue with an expired license, but renewal is definitely needed for full support including further upgrades.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Jack,

Here's the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/try-buy-tools which gives you all the details you wanted. Yes, like Tim says if you want to download a newer version of the product which is released after the license support expiration date (1 year from when you purchased) then you'll need to renew the license again. But, any releases (updates etc) made before the expiration date can be downloaded and the existing license should work accordingly.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
Jack_W_
Beginner

Tim & Kittur,

Merry Christmas. Thanks very much. However, where can I download edition 13 and what's the difference between commercial and commercial(service and support renewal)?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-installation/

The article is written primarily from the point of view of linux and Windows licenses, so you will need to read the installation notes to see about OSX specific prerequisites, which probably differ among major releases.

I assume you refer to the option to buy a 1 year renewal of support, which needn't concern you until your initial year is nearly gone.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Merry X'MAS to you/Tim as well! Just to clarify on your question on support/renewal. Support is the product support you get during the entire time period spanning the support expiration date (through the year). The license itself is perpetual, meaning once you install the product the license should work for ever (doesn't die!) for that installation and downloaded product.  Any new product release/upgrade released after that expiration date the existing license won't work and you'll have to renew which renews the product support as well for the duration of the support expiration date. 

_Kittur

0 Kudos