Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7954 Discussions

QUESTIONS ABOUT C++ ISSUES NOT SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE INTEL C++ COMPILER

Gordon_H_
Beginner

I am developing a C++ program that writes determinants and algebraic sysmbols with numberic subscripts onto a file on a harddrive. This is printed out as hard copy as a later step. The determinant issue regards writing an array but with boundaries, a single vertical line along the left side of the determinant, (i.e., square array), and along the right side. This is the way determinants are pictured in textbooks about linear algebra. This is easily done using MS Word
2003 / 2007 using the "table" feature.

Recently, I presented this matter to Intel online "chat" representatives on 2 occasions. They suggested I look intoGraphics Acceelerators,and also upgrade my Chipset. I tried to upgrade my Chipset, but while my Chipset is made by Intel, I was informed via an online message, that Intel didn't have enogght information, and I should go to the manufacturer of my PC which is HP.In the process of doing this I contacted HPsoftware tech support thru online "chat". This rep (HP), informed me that adding another graphics accelerator wouldn't work for my particular PC, and neither would a softwareupgrade of my chipset in regards to what I was looking for.

The attachment to this message show examples of what I want to accomplish.
Thank you.

Gordon Holtom

R1 = 3

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee
The C/C++ does not have library function to print this. You need to create your own functions/objects to manage this.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Gordon,

You can generate such tables programmatically in several ways.

One of them would be to find some library which has table drawing functions and just call them from your program.

Another one (much easier in my opinion) would be to generate tables as HTML code and save that, but it would require that you know HTML syntax to be able to write such C/C++ program.
0 Kudos