Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

/Qcheck-pointers not recoginzed on Windows

Julia_F_Intel
Employee

Hello,

i am trying to learn pointers checking feature in Composer 2013. using build 13.0.0.0089.
However, when i ICL with option /Qcheck-pointers:rw - i got

>>

Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 13.0.0.089 Build 20120731
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
icl: command line remark #10148: option '/Qcheck-pointers:rw' not supported

<<

what should i do differently?

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Julia, I don't see a problem with option /Qcheck-pointers=rw. What's your environment and OS you found the issue? Hubert
0 Kudos
Julia_F_Intel
Employee
Hubert, i am on Win7 64 bit. running icl from Intel Composer XE 2013 IA32 VS 2008 and 2010 command prompt thanks j
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Julia, Did you open the command prompt from Start > All Programm > Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 > Command Prompt or did you cnfigure the Compiler/Visual Studio enviornment manually (using the ipsxe-comp-vars.bat) or how did you setut the environment? Hubert.
0 Kudos
Julia_F_Intel
Employee
Hubert, i opened the command prompt through Start > All Programm > Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 > Command Prompt > Parallel Studio XE with Intel Compiler >> IA-32 Visual Studio 2010 mode. All other options of ICL work just fine from there. j.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Julia, What's exactly the options list you used that issued the command line remark #10148: option '/Qcheck-pointers:rw' not supported. Hubert.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Julia, Is the problem gone or does the error still occur? Hubert.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Julia, Sorry for the delay. The Pointer Checker requires an Intel® Studio XE based license. Hubert.
0 Kudos