Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

/Qpar-threshold deprecated?

Minjang_Kim
Beginner
For my research, I'm using Intel C++ compiler's auto-parallelization (Version 12.1.0.043 Build 20110811).

I remeber I used "/Qpar-threshold" option in Version 11.0 to control the threshold of automatic parallelization.However, the latest compiler doesn't support it.

In particular, I need to disable any cost-benefit analysis, i.e., I want the compiler to auto-parallelize whatever it's possible regardless of the work volume. So, I specificed "/Qpar-threshold:0". But, the compiler says no such option.

1>icl : warning #10148: option '/Qpar-threshold:0' not supported

Was this option deprecated? If so, how can I set this threshold number to zero?

In addition, where can I find the current options for the compiler version 12.1. It's extremely hard to find a right document web page.

(p.s., how can I insert new line? It always makes a single line. I needed to manually insert
in the editor.)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi,

(1) Couldyou upgrade to the latest compiler? I have tried it on my machine(12.1) and this option is supported in fact.

Download Latest Products Packagehttps://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/

(2) You can find all the options supported from the documentation of Composer. (On my machine, it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\Documentation\en_US\compiler_c\compiler_documentation_c.htm") Also, here is an online help document of icc compiler:
http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/studio/composer/en-us/2011Update/compiler_c/index.htm
(Click the "Index" button on left-topand you can search your options")

(3) How to insert new line? For me, I can directly click "enter" to insear new line in this editor, I am using IE8. It should be related to browser, I think.

Any issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shenghong

0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hello,
Also we should define /Qparallel option to use /Qpar-threshold option. Also it would be better to check if the environmental variables are set properly.

Thanks,
Sukruth.H.V
0 Kudos