Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

QuantLib compilation issue: warning 10210

feng_z_
Beginner

Having trouble compiling QuantLib (v1.7.1) with BOOST (v1.57) under Intel composer XE 2015 and MSVC (2013) with Debug x64. In particular, when I compile swapvaluation.cpp, it produces the following error:

1>icl: : warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of 'swapvaluation.cpp'
1>  xilink: executing 'link'
1>  Swap.vcxproj -> C:\Build\sandbox1\quantlib\QuantLib-1.7.1\Examples\Swap\.\bin\SwapValuation-vc120-x64-mt-gd.exe
1> 
1>.\build\vc120\x64\Debug\SwapValuation-vc120-x64-mt-gd.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified.
1> 
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

However, I have no issue when I compile it directly with VC++ compiler. There are quite a few source files in the solution that produce the same error.

Question #1: why did icl invoke the Microsoft compiler in this case? I didn''t see the /FD flag anywhere.

Question #2: How can I force icl to not use Microsoft compiler?

Thanks,

Feng

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Answer #1:

Possible reasons:

(1) the file contained a #import

(2) You used the source browser (i.e. /Fr or FR) or generate pdb (/Fd) or function prototype (/Zg) or syntax check (/Zs) options

Answer #2:

The only way I know of is to not use one of the options above (or negate them).

Judy

0 Kudos