Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Quantlib 1.12 with icc 18.0.1 on Ubuntu 17.04

Paul_Buettiker
Beginner

Dear all

I tried to compile the library QuantLib-1.12 (a library for quantitative finance, see www.quantlib.org) with icc 18.0.1 (and 18.0.2) on Ubuntu 17.04.
I followed the instructions
                 https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-linux-building-quantlib-with-intel-c-compiler-for-linux
with some modifications (compiler option -xHOST instead of -xT).

Furthermore, I use Boost 1.66.0 (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/building-boost-with-intel-c-compiler-150)

Unfortunately, I failed to compile the QuantLib library, getting the internal error below. When working with the Intel Compilers as of 2017, I didn't get any error at all.

Anyone else with this problem?

Kind regards, Paul

------------------------
Error message:
------------------------
/bin/bash ../../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile icpc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../ql  -I../../.. -I../../.. -I/usr/local/boost_1_66_0/include  -O3 -xHOST -MT utilities.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/utilities.Tpo -c -o utilities.lo utilities.cpp
libtool: compile:  icpc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../ql -I../../.. -I../../.. -I/usr/local/boost_1_66_0/include -O3 -xHOST -MT utilities.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/utilities.Tpo -c utilities.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/utilities.o
": internal error: ** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.
** Segmentation violation signal raised. **
Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

icpc: error #10105: /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.1.163/linux/bin/intel64/mcpcom: core dumped
icpc: warning #10102: unknown signal(-1412937904)
icpc: error #10106: Fatal error in /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.1.163/linux/bin/intel64/mcpcom, terminated by unknown
compilation aborted for utilities.cpp (code 1)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Viet_H_Intel

Hi, 

Can you create preprocess file (-E)  and provide it to us for investigation?

Thanks,

Viet

0 Kudos