Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Question regarding opencl

Doru_Adrian_Thom_P_

Is there a flag for icl to compile code that include <CL/cl.h> ??? gcc has the flag -OpenCL or so

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

In case you missed it, here is a URL specifically about OpenCL support:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk

0 Kudos
Doru_Adrian_Thom_P_

I read the document, but it is still not clear. I am new to OpenCL and I am sort of bouncing from AMD, NVidia and Intel. I saw that the Intel OpenCL stuff for CPU and GPU only works in windows. I saw that there is an actual kernel builder for .cl files, however I am still not getting how to connect it with a c file. I tried icl and it seems it does not have a flag /Qopencl, like /Qoffload or /Qopenmp. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Menka_M_
Beginner

I've tries some sample programs which reads/writes images but these programs are giving many errors so I've written one program on my own but it is also giving errors. So to check whether my current device supports image processing or not, I've used the "clGetDeviceInfo" command  by passing the parameter "CL_DEVICE_IMAGE_SUPPORT" which returns value CL_FALSE. So to just check whether my system supports Image Processing or not and write a program in OpenCL which reads any image, what should I do? My GPU is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

0 Kudos