Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Questions

Quacker_B_
Beginner

I am a c++ developer writing an open source game and am interested in using your compiler. I would like to know if it is possible to use the SDL, SDL_Image and SDL_ttf libraries as i can't seem to find any builds for the intel compiler. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Quacker Blaster

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... I would like to know if it is possible to use the SDL, SDL_Image and SDL_ttf libraries as i can't seem to find any builds for >>the intel compiler... Try to compile sources of these libraries with Intel C++ compiler, for example version 13.x, and report problems / issues if detected.
0 Kudos
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

The Intel compiler provides transparent compatibiliity with typical builds, e.g. gcc- and Visual Studio, so ideally an Intel-specific configuration of those open source libraries won't be required. As Sergey says, if you find a compiler problem please report it. You can read the latest compiler release notes for information about system requirements. Here's a link: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-composer-xe-2013-release-notes 

0 Kudos
Quacker_B_
Beginner

Hi, as stated i'm posting the error the compiler is throwing at me. It seems to be related to the new C++11 standard which VS 2012 Update 2 doesn't support. However according to wikipedia:

Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 Update 6 and above (compiler 12.1) September 8, 2011 Intel Cilk Plus language extensions updated to support specification version 1.1 and available on Mac OS X in addition to Windows and Linux, Intel Threading Building Blocks updated to support version 4.0, Apple blocks supported on Mac OS X, improved C++11 support including support for Variadic templates, OpenMP 3.1 support.

Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 up to Update 5 (compiler 12.0) Nov 7, 2010 Intel Cilk Plus language extensions, Guided Auto-Parallelism, Improved C++11 support.[8]

Intel C++ Compiler 11.0 November 2008 Initial C++11 support. VS2008 IDE integration on Windows. OpenMP 3.0. Source Checker for static memory/parallel diagnostics.

Yet the compiler still produces the following output:

1>------ Build started: Project: Quacker Blaster (Intel C++ 13.0), Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Build started 4/30/2013 1:11:48 AM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "Debug\Quacker Blaster.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>MessageBuildingWithCompiler:
1>  Building with Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE 13.1
1>ClCompile:
1>  ***** ClCompile (Win32 - Intel C++)
1>  CErrorLogger.cpp
1>  CGameEngine.cpp
1>  CGameObject.cpp
1>  CImageEntity.cpp
1>  CIntroState.cpp
1>  CMouseListener.cpp
1>  CPlayState.cpp
1>  CPoint2D.cpp
1>  CSprite.cpp
1>  CText.cpp
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Project\Source\CText.cpp(16): error : expected an expression
1>        m_TextColor = {255, 255, 255};
1>                      ^
1>  
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Project\Source\CText.cpp(136): error : expected an expression
1>        m_TextColor = {(Uint8)rgbred, (Uint8)rgbgreen, (Uint8)rgbblue};
1>                      ^
1>  
1>  CTextCounter.cpp
1>  QuackerBlaster.cpp
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:04.85
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Quacker Blaster

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Project\Source\CText.cpp(16): error : expected an expression >>1> m_TextColor = {255, 255, 255}; Please attach CText.cpp source file or a header file with declaration of m_TextColor variable ( or a class member ). The error: ...error : expected an expression... looks strange since a four/five-digit error number is Not shown.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>class CText { >>protected: >>... >> SDL_Color m_TextColor; >>... A declaration for SDL_Color type is needed as well. Please attach a header file. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Quacker_B_
Beginner

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

>>1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Project\Source\CText.cpp(16): error : expected an expression
>>1> m_TextColor = {255, 255, 255};

Please attach CText.cpp source file or a header file with declaration of m_TextColor variable ( or a class member ). The error:

...error : expected an expression...

looks strange since a four/five-digit error number is Not shown.

Sure thing, I have attached the header and source code for the CText class. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Quacker Blaster

0 Kudos