Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

/Qvec-report6 report is sometimes missing file name and line number information

Marian_M_
Beginner

I have script in msysgit to take compile log from /Qvec-report6 from MSVC IDE, then grep vectization and other useful informations, then pipe it to "sort | uniq", to eliminate similar messages (e.g. implicitly inlined function in header for class).

It emits these (NB: it is uniq'ed):

2>      remark: loop was not vectorized: existence of vector dependence
2>      remark: loop was not vectorized: nonstandard loop is not a vectorization candidate
2>      remark: loop was not vectorized: statement cannot be vectorized
2>      remark: vectorization support: call to function ??1c_fft_equalizer_stats_data@@QEAA@XZ cannot be vectorized
2>      remark: vectorization support: call to function _aligned_free cannot be vectorized
2>      remark: vectorization support: call to function fftw_free cannot be vectorized
2>      remark: vectorization support: number of FP down converts: double precision to single precision 1

instead of something like this:

2>      C:\path\to\common\recorder7_pipe_comm.cpp(52,5): message : loop was not vectorized: nonstandard loop is not a vectorization candidate
2>      c:\path\to/hashmap.h(764,1): message : loop was not vectorized: unsupported loop structure

I'm on Win 8.1 Pro x64, x64 target and ICC 14 with the latest updates.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Marian, I've passed your feedback to the MKL team as well.  BTW, I'd sent a private email to just let you know the status of the release with the fix for the internal error issue, that's all, but I agree updating this forum post does suffice, thanks. 

_Kittur 

0 Kudos