Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Re: Re:After updating oneapi, I can't find icc.

oleotiger
Novice

I installed an application:wrf.exe with oneapi 2021.1.1.

Now I updated oneapi 2021.1.1 to 2021.2.0 without uninstalling version 2021.1.1.

Wrf.exe failed to run now.

After source vars of oneapi of new version,  wrf.exe loses many *.so such as 'libifport.so.5 => not found'.

libifport.so.5 can be found in /opt/compiler/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/compiler/lib/ia32_lin/

but there is no libifport.so.5 in /opt/compiler/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.2.0/linux/compiler/lib/ia32_lin/.

There are many soft links of many tools of oneapi such as aps/vtune that link latest directory to the directory of most recent  version.

I think the files in each directory of different version of oneapi should keep the same. (For compatible ).

But the fact is that I lost many files when updating to 2021.2.0

Anyone can help me ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

>> But the fact is that I lost many files when updating to 2021.2.0

Probably the installation didn't go as expected. Please uninstall all the oneAPI toolkits and perform a fresh installation of the latest version.

To uninstall oneAPI toolkits, follow this link below (Linux):

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/uninstall-oneapi-toolkits-and-components.html

Installation guide for Linux:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top.html

Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this? Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will go ahead and close this thread from my end. Intel will no longer monitor this thread. Feel free to post a new query if you require further assistance from Intel.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos